Oven Cleaning Simplified For Daily Users
The very first thought which comes in our mind after hearing oven cleaning is our day long struggle with appliance to make it clean and sparkling. A simple error sometimes damages the oven in such a manner that a specialist is needed to be called to fix the problem which otherwise leaves the oven useless if unattended for long time, or either ignored. Calling a specialist also calls for an additional expenditure in the form of his fees which is a bit high for the common man and disturbs his monthly budget.
So wondering how to clean your oven? Its not that complicated, this article has plenty of tips to help you clean your oven safely.
- Consult the manufacturer’s manual for guidelines on cleaning the oven.
- Use a commercial oven cleaner specially formulated to tackle tough grease and burnt on food.
- Follow the instruction on your product carefully and wear rubber gloves.
- Leave your cleaner to soak in as much as possible for around 30 minutes to remove as much grease and grime as possible.
After months of roasting and baking, an oven tends to get fairly grimy. Built up grease and charred food accumulate and turn into carbon ,causing a burning smell while cooking. Letting your oven coated in carbon can taint your food and eventually turn into a fire hazard. Read on for more instructions on how to clean your oven, whether it has a self cleaning feature or not.
- Know what type of oven you have.
- Self cleaning oven have a feature that allows you to heat the oven to such high temperature that built in food and grease gets turned into ash.
- Textured ovens, or continuous cleaning oven, have a porcelain layer that is designed to burn spilled food away while you are using your oven for cooking.
- Regular oven without these cleaning features must be cleaned regularly by hand.
OVEN CLEANING BASICS :
When cleaning an oven there are a few things that you must remember.
- Always wear gloves and protect your arm while using any oven cleaner. It’s a good idea to wear an apron or old clothes if you are worried about getting dirty.
- Make sure that the room is well ventilated some oven cleaner can have quite a strong smell.
- Make sure that the oven is cooled before beginning to clean it.
- Never use a sharp or abrasive element to clean your oven. While it is tempting to us such element scraping a knife along the inside of the interiors could damage the oven making it an hazard to use.
Sometimes oven cleaning can feel like the worst part of cleaning your kitchen, but it doesn’t have to be with this straightforward guide. With a right cleanser and a right strategy cleaning an oven can be an easy task. Ensure you have a sparkling and clean oven with these tips.