Tips for Cleaning of oven
It is very important to keep your oven clean and hygienic because this is the place where you cook for yourself and your families. Here is a simple yet effect and quick way to clean your oven.
Things required for oven cleaning:
- baking soda
- rubber gloves
- damp cloth
- white vinegar
- spray bottle
Process of cleaning:
- First, in a bowl take half cup of baking soda and mix it with water. The resultant paste should not be tight it should be spreadable.
- Empty your oven, by taking out all of its removable parts.
- Now spread the entire mixture inside your oven. Spread it nicely to those particular places which become sticky and greasy due to oil and heat. For this use your rubber gloves. It helps you spread the entire mixture evenly and at the same time your hands do not get touched into this. When you spread this mixture you would find the baking soda turning to brown colour.
- Keep your oven in this state throughout the night. This is because the mixture works on well if kept for longs hours a minimum of 10 to 12 hours, hence keeping it overnight is the best option as this does not interrupt in your kitchen work.
- By the time you can clean your oven racks and keep it aside.
- After keeping the oven spread with baking soda for 10 to 12 hours or overnight, now take a damp cloth and start wiping it. The damp cloth damps the dried soda paste and helps to scrape it out easily. In case the baking soda does not come out with the damp cloth you can use spatula to scrape it.
- Inspite of cleaning the baking soda with damp cloth and spatula there are some left outs. So to clean them all you need to do is spray a little white vinegar through spray bottles to each part where you see the mixture remains. The vinegar in coming in contact with the baking soda will react and gives out foams.
- Now again take a damp cloth and wipe out nicely. This is your final cleanup process, so clean every bit and corner of the oven. You can use either water or vinegar to damp the cloth for wiping.
- Now place all the parts of the oven that you had removed and cleaned.
- Then see how clean, hygienic and shiny your oven appears to be.