Our planet every day shows us that we have abused with it too much and it's time to think how to save it for the future generations. We have to start thinking ecologically and change the stereotype of life. We have to look at Earth globally as our home and take care not to destroy it more. Each of us should make small changes in our way of life. One of the easiest changes we should take immediately is replacing the chemical cleaning products with eco-friendly natural cleaners.
The fact is that the kitchen is the place at home that gets dirty easily and therefore needs everyday cleaning. You should stick to the principle: "Anything that damages the Earth and nature, damage us - the people."
The use of aggressive chemistry is very dangerous and not environmentally friendly. If you create habits to fully abandon it, it would be the best. Chemical products have poisonous vapors that you inhale while cleaning. If there are children in the room, while performing oven cleaning procedure, they will inhale that vapors as well. Moreover, if you don’t wear protective gloves while cleaning with toxic products, your hands will be covered in rashes. You may experience respiratory problems if you clean your home with chemical detergents regularly. Moreover, some researches show that long exposure to such strong chemicals can lead to serious health problems – even cancer.
For kitchen cleaning it is best to use microfiber towels that work well for cleaning without toxic preparations and easily absorb liquids. Woolen rags are also suitable, because in wiping they form static electricity, which attracts dust and dirt.
Instead using strong and aggressive preparations, we can use some tricks that were used years ago from our parents. Then they hardly lived in dirtier homes than we live now.
The two products you need for effective oven cleaning are baking soda and vinegar. They are the most important products for natural cleaning of the entire home.
- The first step of oven cleaning procedure is removing all the things you store in the oven. Take the side bars out of the oven and place them in the sink, which you have filled in advance with hot water, mixed with dishwashing liquid. Leave the bars to soak for several hours.
- Don’t forget to take the thermometer out as well. The oven needs to be completely empty.
- Then make the necessary solution you are going to use for removing greasy stains from the oven. Mix half a cup of baking soda and water in order to make a paste.
- Cover all the walls in the oven with that paste. Keep in mind you should use the same paste for cleaning the oven door as well.
- Leave the paste for several hours. In fact, you may leave it for a night and continue with the cleaning procedure the next day.
- The oven cleaning procedure continues with wiping the oven interior with damp cloth. You may need to use a spatula to remove the dry remains from baking soda.
- After you have completely removed the baking soda remains, spray the oven with vinegar. Vinegar will kill all the bacteria from the oven.
- After you have cleaned the vinegar with cold water, you can enjoy perfectly clean oven.
Another useful advice you can use for oven cleaning is placing half a bowl of lemon juice in the oven. Heat the oven for 30 minutes and then leave the oven to cool down. Take a damp cloth and clean the inside of the oven. It should be really easy if you do it once a week. Unfortunately, most people don’t follow this principle. They clean the oven once a month or even once on every 3 months. That’s highly undesirable because your home will be full of smoke every time you turn on the oven.
If your oven has not been cleaned for a long time and is poor condition, you may contact professional cleaning firm. Because there is great variety of options when it comes to expert cleaning companies, you need to take your time to choose the right one for you. Check the opinions in forums and compare prices of different companies. Moreover, ask about their experience with heavy contaminated ovens. Emphasis that it is important to you to hire a company that works with eco-friendly cleaning products.
In fact, nowadays most companies rely on natural cleaners. They are aware that they are the safe option to chemical products. Moreover, professional firms cannot put at risk the health of their employees that work constantly with cleaning products. You will save your time and will use it for more pleasant activities.